Too Casual Friday

In my previous post, I mentioned that I received an invite for Tatt Awards 2013 at the last minute that said the attire was formal. It w...



In my previous post, I mentioned that I received an invite for Tatt Awards 2013 at the last minute that said the attire was formal. It was casual Friday at work and clearly, I was not dressed to be out that evening. I did, however, end up going with the help of my fairy godmother/stylist/sister-in-law. But you can read more about that "struggle" here.

Today, I'm sharing with you the casual look I was telling you about. If you actually put this look side-by-side with what I wore to the Tatt Awards Night, you'll probably laugh because of how completely different they are from each other.


I take casual Fridays seriously because it's the only time I find myself not-so-restricted by the dress code at work. Although I do love skirts and stretch pants and have more of them than denim ones, I do have some pieces that are a lil bit too crazy such as this pair of leggings from Copper. You may remember this from one of my previous posts, wherein I played it up by wearing a bright yellow distressed tee and a printed blazer. Today, I played it down with some earth and neutral tones.


Even with printed leggings as loud as these, there are so many ways you can style them. It all depends on the pieces you use. My number one tip for restyling your pieces is to think of a theme every time. It doesn't always have to fall under style categories (edgy, feminine, boho, etc), though. You can also try using fictional characters or actual people/personalities as pegs and just put your own twist to it.

Lee Jeans jacket | Copper leggings | Chick Flick heels | H&M necklace

If you've ever tried restyling your clothes in different ways, do share your links with me in the comment section! I'd love to check them out. It's always nice to see a new blog since there are already so many popping up everywhere :)

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

0 comments

free counters
Powered by Blogger.