Formal Fix

I woke up yesterday morning with a terrible headache. I probably overslept. Ugh, am I not allowed to oversleep on weekends?   But still, ...


I woke up yesterday morning with a terrible headache. I probably overslept. Ugh, am I not allowed to oversleep on weekends? But still, I'm very grateful for all of the things I have done and accomplished this week. So much has happened and despite not being able to catch a break, I think I'm finally getting my life on a better schedule.


Most recently, I attended Tatt Awards 2013 at Manila Peninsula. The invite came to me at the last minute, so I didn't think I'd be able to make it. The dress code was formal and I was in no way near that attire. Thankfully, I have a wonderful sister-in-law who lived nearby and from whom I could pullout clothes from ;) Obviously, these photos were shot the following day since I was totally unprepared and didn't bring a proper camera to the event. I did, however, update like a crazy person on Instagram (follow me: megannmonday).


I was having a hard time trying to decide whether I should use a belt to cut the dress at my torso area, or just leave it free flowing. In the end, I went without the belt because I felt it would have been too predictable of me to cinch the dress at my waist. Cinching a dress around your waist is a nice way to cut your body into sections especially if you have a long torso like me. It will also help give your body a better figure.


With or without the belt though, the dress still made me look taller because of the vertical lines created by the ruching on top. If it weren't ruched, then the dress would've just made me look like a walking piece of fabric. See the importance of details?


Lastly, I went with a gold and black color palette for the accessories to keep it classy and not too overpowering. After all, the dress was already in a bright pink tone as it is.


Vania Romoff dress | Syrup heels

What do you think of this last-minute formal look?

Wait 'til you see the outfit I was telling you about that was far from formal! ;)

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow!!! love the dress here! so elegant! :D Sayang I wasn't able to attend the Tattawards. hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a stunner! I love the last-minute (pero hindi halata!) look!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Twin! Just lucky enough to have someone nearby to help me out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, sayang. We could've met!

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.