Feel So Close

Early this year, I talked about how much blacks and neutrals I have in my wardrobe and as a challenge for myself this year, I am adding mor...

Early this year, I talked about how much blacks and neutrals I have in my wardrobe and as a challenge for myself this year, I am adding more and more colors into my wardrobe. So I am very picky now with my purchases, thinking beforehand in how much ways I could style it (since I'm not very good with colors...yet). But then, I still have my moments when I walk back to wearing either earth tones or blacks and find ways to liven it up a bit.

For an all-black ensemble, I guess the usual response would be to add hints of color (hi green watch from Tomato!). But since I was set to party with Calvin Harris this day, I used accents of gold instead to make myself party-ready. Of course, the shoes didn't come out until after work! ;) I wouldn't want to blind my officemates' eyes as I shimmy into the room! Hahaha.

Sheer vest: vintage | Tank top: Landmark | Skirt: Anti-Fashion Manila | Necklace: Robinson's Department Store | Belt: SM Accessories | Watch: Tomato | Shoes: Sing Styles

It also helps to use pieces made out of different materials in order to add dimension and variations of silhouette into your look. For this, I used a sheer vintage vest, a simple cotton tank top and a bodycon skirt.

Don't you just love the JC Foxy inspired shoes? I got them from Sing Styles! This would have to be my first purchase of heels online and well, I followed my "online shopping tips" because I wanted to make sure to make it count. I know Sing Styles' owner, Bianca, personally. I met her during the St. James Bazaar, I think, and I've also been seeing her on the web (she's a blogger!). So I knew I'd be in good hands.

Anyway, I still can't believe I was able to attend Calvin Harris Live in Manila. It was so insanely amazing! Everyone was jumping, dancing and singing along with the music he spun. He played my favorites: We Found Love and Feels So Close! :) Were you there too?


Feel So Close - Calvin Harris


Here's to another week! Hope you all have a great one :)

♥ Megann

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Thank you for trusting me and my store <3
    I hope you're loving your newest babies :)

    Love,
    Bianca

    http://www.biancasing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit! That dress is so beautiful. Great blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your ensemble and your hair! :3 *sigh* How I wish I can also veer away from wearing blacks and neutrals, but I still haven't shopped for colorful pieces.. >.<

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.