Tips for Online Shopping + Announcement!

A few weeks back, I was alerted by a friend via Twitter about her experience with a ‘fake’ online shop, NaughtyGirls Shop . My friend follow...

A few weeks back, I was alerted by a friend via Twitter about her experience with a ‘fake’ online shop, NaughtyGirls Shop. My friend followed up more than 10x already and received no response. I tried looking it up on Facebook, but it was already unsearchable. But instead of telling you how bad the experience was, I’ll just share three tips to help you avoid getting robbed blind of your money, especially now that it’s a new year and I’m sure a lot of us are looking to saving and making purchases that count.

Original photo from Flickr.

Connections count 
If the website is new to you, take a look around first. I know seeing all the pretty things will already be tempting, but it saves to take the time to browse and check the comments. Sometimes there are sites that have feedback sections. There are also sites that are recommended by bloggers. But if you’re still unsure about it, the best sites are definitely the ones recommended by your friends. No doubt about it—they’ve already experienced the quality of service the shop has to offer. Just like Thrift to UK and Tanzessories ByEntcyclers—both are online shops owned by people I know. Thrift to UK girls, Cheyenne and Nicole, are friends and fellow Comm Arts graduates; Tanzessories ByEntcyclers' Pat is also a good friend and a batchmate from Zobel. How more connected can I get?

Original photo from Flickr.

See eye to eye 
Personally, I prefer shops that give you the option to meet-up. I remember the reason why I trusted Anagon Collection so much for my first time experience with online shopping was not only because of all the positive feedbacks, but also because of the option to meet-up in DLSU Taft area. One thing to make sure is that the locations for meet-ups are public places like malls and schools (this is also for safety reasons); best to bring a friend with you, too.

Original photo from Flickr.

Know the owner
With the boom of online shops, there will be times that you will encounter one that is still a ‘baby’. Chic Accents is actually a fairly new online shop that started in April this year and I found the owner, Chico, to be very accommodating and sweet. So don’t fret because you won’t have to let go of that one-of-a-kind accessory if you find the time to talk to the owner. Get to know the owner, get to know how they started. Serious owners take the time to accommodate their clients as well and makes sure to answer all their queries. If they are hard to contact or they don’t reply at all, don’t waste your time and money. It's their loss anyway. Patience is a virtue that will surely pay off in the end. :) Any entrepreneur should know that it is important to gain the trust of the client (which would sometimes take a while).

So I hope I was able to somehow 'enlighten' you with careful online shopping. And since it's 2012 and all, in celebration of my blog’s second birthday this January (and to also get your online shopping addiction started, heehee), I have partnered with the shops mentioned above to bring you a #StyleSurgeryGiveaway!!! Details will be revealed in the next post, so stay tuned. ;) Meanwhile, you can check out the shops above just by clicking on their logos located at the right panel of my blog. :) Hope you’re all just as excited as I am because I am ecstatic that I get to share with you some of my trusted and favorite online shops!

Megann ♥

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing such an insightful post, this will definitely come in handy for everyone, me included :). Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mar! :) Have a safe online shopping experience! :)

      Delete
  2. I'm fond of shopping online and I agree with these tips. I remember back in 2007 when online shopping wasn't so popular yet, I got scammed twice by 2 different online shops. Those were my first 2 online shopping encounters and I was unlucky for both occasions. I became wiser in buying after that though. I preferred meet-ups. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I prefer meet-ups too! But sometimes not all shops offer meet-ups :( Especially the ones I'm usually drawn to. Hay. Feedback from other customers help! :)

      Delete
  3. yikes, the downside of online shopping! better be careful next time. this is helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trueeee :) Great to hear I was able to share something of value :p

      Delete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.