Over a glass of wine

Okay, I've been attempting to write this blog post since last Sunday when I got back from this wine night with Angel , but I got too cau...

Okay, I've been attempting to write this blog post since last Sunday when I got back from this wine night with Angel, but I got too caught up on a little project and when I did decide to take a break from that project to finally write this blog post, guess what happened... I fell asleep (!!!). I was just planning to rest my eyes for 5 minutes and the next thing I knew, they've been closed for 5 hours. Haha! Since this weekend too, my body clock has been all over the place. But enough about my reasons for not having this up sooner. Let's get to the look!



I believe the blazer-top-shorts combo has become my south/weekend outfit formula. If I have a "template" for my work looks, now I'm definitely starting to settle on a template for my weekend looks. Not to be too comfortable with this, I will still continue to challenge myself to explore outside of my comfort zone when it comes to dressing up. Meanwhile, let me know what you think about this.

Mike Dela Rosa blazer; Mossimo oversized tank; The Posh Wardrobe shorts; Manels shoes; YRYS belt; House Of Luxe wings ring

I opted for a very slouchy top to pair with the more structured pieces (high-waist shorts and blazer). Having pieces that are contrasting in terms of style or how it was made is a great way to balance out a look. I also added that leopard printed tube top not only because the top had a very low neckline, but because it spiced things up a bit. I felt the blazer was too "formal", so that was really a good way to kind of offset the blazer a bit.


And of course, I had to walk my new babies out! These Manels patent silver sandals are definitely a keeper, incorporating class into a casual piece. I know I initially said I wanted only the gold ones, but now I'm starting to think that I actually like this pair more! Either way, it was a good choice to get both! Thank you, Manels, for that first dibs on the anniversary sale you held. I don't think I would've gotten these if I hadn't taken that trip to SM Megamall :)


So that's it! I'm so sorry if this is way too long of  a blog post. My posts usually are anyway! Haha! 'Til the next one. Happy Wednesday!

Photos by Angel Rodriguez

♥ Megann

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. megannnnn love the shorts! ive been finding ways to edit my photo but i have no idea how to.. :| can you teach me how you make that ang ganda kasi!!

    Rovie, The Bargain Doll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rovie! :) I think I take too long with editing though, but if you're up for that, sure. Haha!

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely outfit! Those shorts are gorgeous and look great with the blazer :)
    Helen at Never Quite Elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty shorts.=)

    xoxo,
    gabrielletaduran.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've seen this suede maroon shorts of yours in various posts but it really steals the show, always. :)

    Wanna have my own. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I should get it in other colors too. Haha! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. oh, the short and your blazer is nice!

    Anyway, I'm inviting you to my Pink Fashion Grand Launch
    Hope to see you there on September 20!

    It’s a GIRL Thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, honey! I really liked your blog, you have great photos! Now, I am your faithful follower! I really hope that you enjoy my blog and you will be my follower!)))) Miss you, kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you combined the nude blazer and red velvet shorts!!! <3



    http://swlfashionvenom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the shorts! <3

    please visit and follow my blog :) thankies! <3
    http://weirdperfectionist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. well to say pretty is an understatement.

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.