I Got Dance in My Bones

This didn't occur to me until I felt the sudden need to get back to dancing again just a week ago, but I guess I have always been the da...

This didn't occur to me until I felt the sudden need to get back to dancing again just a week ago, but I guess I have always been the dancing kind. My happy feet were continuously tickled by hip, playful tunes since I was a baby and I guess that's one of the reasons why I've had such deep interest and passion for dancing. Another reason, of course, is because of the fact that I have parents who dance as well -- and whom I've watched practice ballroom dancing at our gym-slash-office in the house when I was little. And in between breaks, I would usually ask my dad to teach me. Hah, ballroom, I know. Not usually my style, but I won't say I didn't enjoy.

For a while now, I've been watching YouTube videos, especially those of Dejan Tubic. He's a choreographer from the US. I love how it's so choreographed and yet every once in a while, the dancers get to put a little flavor into the dance by doing their own thing. Below is a video of one of my favorite choreographies of his own. Hope you enjoy it!


And here's another one: It's Dejan Tubic's choreography to Bad Romance, performed at Carnival (Choreographer's Ball). It's just so good! For more videos, just go to http://www.youtube.com/user/iDejANCE ;)


... and I miss dancing. It's one of the many things I do in place of going to the gym. I don't like going to the gym mainly because I get bored easily, so I need to be doing something I enjoy while getting in shape. Other things are jogging, track and field (used to. I joined in high school and decided not to continue anymore in college), frisbee, boxing and almost any sport really, I'd try.

But yes, dancing is the one that just sticks. The last time I danced was in March, during the Pump Up the Animo cheering competition and I feel like I haven't danced in forever! Just recently, while on the way to lunch with my friends, one of which who is a member of the La Salle Dance Company-Contemporary invited me to join. While it is a dancing territory I am not quite familiar with, the invitation got me thinking.

I don't know, I guess I just miss being physically active. I've kind of been the workaholic one lately and have had no time for physically challenging activities that I enjoy. I also miss doing gymnastics. I guess there are just a lot of things I wish I could have done this summer but didn't really have the time to. Wish I'll get back to dancing soon! Or one of those sports I used to play!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I MISS dancing too! I'm not that really good, but well anyway! Practice makes perfect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just hopping around the blogosphere. I used to dance when I was a kid. The only time I can dance is when I am in a party or in a club. The last time was like 2 years ago. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.