Tips On How to Style A Dress

Happy Sunday!  Today, I'm going to share with you some tips on how to style a dress in different ways, to make it seem like you'r...


Happy Sunday! Today, I'm going to share with you some tips on how to style a dress in different ways, to make it seem like you're wearing something different each time.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, I don't actually have a walk-in closet nor do I have shelves and shelves of shoes. In fact, my closet size is about as average as it can get - if not smaller. I would eventually like to experience having a walk-in closet, though, but for now, I think having the closet size I have now helps control my impulse buying; plus it challenges me to rework pieces I've already worn before.


I think one of the reasons why people may think I have a closet thrice the size of what I actually have, other than being a style blogger, is because I try to restyle pieces I've posted on here before to make them look totally different.


Some of my friends usually tell me that they find it difficult to style a dress in different ways because they feel like a dress limits you to one look - which a dress. That's why they prefer to buy separates instead. But here's a little tip - there are three ways to style a dress easily, to make them seem different every time:

1. As a dress
2. As a top
3. As a skirt


On this post, you can see the lace dress I wore during my birthday last year, worn together with a top from Frontyard. To tie the pieces together, I cinched the bottom of the top at my waist and tucked it to hide the ends, making it look like I'm wearing a different dress altogether, or even a top-and-bottom combo.


To wear the dress as a top, I'd usually layer a flowy skirt on top of it - preferably a circle skirt or a pleated skirt, because the bottom half of the dress is quite bulky. But if you have a tight-fit dress, you can definitely pair it with pants as well, making it look like you're wearing a bodysuit instead of a dress together with the pants. You can see what I'm talking about in one of my old posts - here.

Frontyard top | Landmark dress | SM Parisian flats | Tweed blazer

So, open your closet and give it a go! Try to style your dresses in different ways so you'll be able to maximize its use and get your money's worth ;) It instantly makes your closet seem bigger than it actually is!

Oh, by the way - notice the hair? On rare occasions, my hair likes to pretend it's straight or a little less wavy. Haha! So I enjoy those moments :p
xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Love it!!! Thanks for the advice! ;) xxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips!! these will definitely get a dress the extra mileage :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kinga Sarolta KavasiJuly 15, 2013 at 1:48 AM

    just love the dress :)

    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! I love mixing up items I already own and creating something new & dresses are perfect for that :)


    simplyme93.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! :) It's definitely a real value to know that you can rework the clothes you already own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by, Myka

    ReplyDelete
  7. For sure! :) Thanks for reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. lamo bat love ko ang dress cause you can wear it over and over bongga!! :D

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.