DID I MANIFEST THIS?! Why and How I Moved to Australia [Video]

Life can be really surprising sometimes. Hi, I'm Megann. Welcome back to this blog! It has been a while since I last wrote anything here...


Life can be really surprising sometimes.

Hi, I'm Megann. Welcome back to this blog! It has been a while since I last wrote anything here, so I suppose it's apt to say welcome back to me, too!

I don't suppose you have been following me on Instagram. So in case that is true, a quick (and massive) update would be that I am now living in Australia—at least for now. My partner and I have yet to decide where we'll eventually settle down, but I am currently enjoying being here.

What's even more interesting (and surprising, as I've said above) is that I had apparently asked for this years ago without realising. You see, in 2013, I wrote an email to my godmother. It wasn't unusual. It was quite typical of me to email her once every few months, to share with her some life updates.  However, in that email, I also talked about going through some sort of quarter life crisis; wondering what I would want to be doing 5 years from then.

I mentioned that I hoped to live in Australia - which now seems like a bit of an odd choice to make at that time. I didn't have any family here, nor did I know much about the place. But apparently, my 23-year-old self thought it would be exciting. So, there you have it! Could I have unknowingly manifested this?

Anyway, after sending it, I forgot about it quite quickly. It would soon hide behind pages and pages of emails in my Sent folder. And it was only when we landed here that I came across it again. How odd! As I was in the middle of typing my latest updates for her, I decided to look back at some of the old messages I've sent through and lo and behold, there it was.


I can't say I actively sought this out. But, as life would have it, it brings you to places where you need to be at a time when you are ready. 2020 was the year. It may have been 2 years later than my targeted 5 years, but here I am.

In this video, I talk more about how work got us here on a Temporary Skills Shortage visa subclass 482. I also talk about our experience when we were applying, working with an immigration lawyer, and how much time it took to get everything done.


I hope you find the video helpful, and I hope to see you back on my blog as I talk more about my life here - perhaps even our kilig stories (hint: engagement!) - and my experiences living in a country that I have NEVER BEEN TO BEFORE!


xx,

Megann

You Might Also Like

0 comments

free counters
Powered by Blogger.