We Were All Odd Looking Kids Once

Growing up, I always had these little details about the way I looked that I didn’t like. I was an odd looking kid – brown skinned, stick ...


Growing up, I always had these little details about the way I looked that I didn’t like. I was an odd looking kid – brown skinned, stick thin, with big eyes, big teeth, and a fat bottom lip. I may as well have been the cousin of the Big Bad Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. Man, I hated my big eyes. I got a lot of teasing because of it, too. You know how kids can be.


It can be difficult to have things about yourself that you don’t like but can’t actually change, but I think it’s all part of growing up. We go through the toughest trials and find strength in the oddest forms. And I think these little things that we initially didn’t like about ourselves are actually the things we’ll eventually love (the most).


It helps to surround yourself with people who spew rainbows and butterflies and ride on unicorns… or at least give you a bit of positive energy and make you feel happy – yeah, I think that’s more realistic. Haha! I’m very thankful to have these important people in my life who always tilt my head up whenever I begin to doubt :)


Top - Levi's | Shorts - The Ramp | Heels - VIDA (via Zalora - 10% discount code: ZBAP0fg)

As for the awkward phase, don’t worry about it. Chin up! You’ll grow into your body soon enough and those big eyes will actually look amazing and bright, and you’ll also grow into your womanly curves ;)


Necklace - ISHTA Clothing (The Ramp) | Watch - Tomato

{ Photos by Bea Flores }

We were all odd little kids once, after all. Might as well cherish the moment so we can look back and laugh at ourselves at how silly we looked.

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love the look, especially the shoes! <3


    www.ysabelvitangcol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mel! It's more of eggshell, but I think the lighting made it to look that way! Haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Ysabel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit!

    xoxo, Armi F.
    http://stylearmi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.