Work and Play

The past week was so crazy busy (and stressful) that I couldn't even tell the days apart anymore. The whole week itself simply ...


The past week was so crazy busy (and stressful) that I couldn't even tell the days apart anymore. The whole week itself simply felt like one looong day. But, as Akon & Ne-Yo would sing in their song with David Guetta, "work hard, play hard" ;)


Rewind to two weeks ago, I attended the Lee Style Army: DIY Workshop and had the chance to do a bit of DIY work a pair of Lee jeans. I have to say, it was a lot of hard work and I could barely do the "whiskers" bit, so my pair ended up being far less fancy than the others. It was fun nonetheless. However, more about that on a separate blog post.


The look I put together for the event feels like a good example of combining work and play together. While the clothes that I wore could have easily passed as something for the office (tuck in the cropped top, of course), I ditched the heels and went for the boots simply to add a bit more attitude to the whole outfit. Otherwise, I think it would have looked too formal or restrictive for an event such as a DIY workshop. Plus, fun accessories to match! What do you think?

Belt - Keysas | Accessories - Shopaholic & Hubby

I'm glad that when it comes to blogging, while it is partly work, it still feels a whole lot like playing. I always enjoy dressing up, writing about style/styling, attending events, and meeting different people and brands. As such, let me shamelessly plug that if you would like to collaborate with me or the blog, you can send in an email to megann.stylesurgery@gmail.com.

Cropped top - Alla Moda  | Skirt - Bread & Butter | Boots - Romwe

I know I've been wearing the boots a lot! I did warn you that I could be overusing them the next couple of days. I promise to give you different shoes on the next post! Haha.

Another week is upon us. Have a positive week ahead! ;)

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Oh thank you Katarina! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get your blazers? You always seem to have the nicest ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some are hand-me-downs from my mom, some are online. I haven't actually invested on a good blazer yet! I should!

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.