Little Twists Make Outfits More Interesting

I just came from a spontaneous cupcake date at Mom & Tina’s Bakery Cafe with my bestfriend. We always pass it by whenever we walk to...


I just came from a spontaneous cupcake date at Mom & Tina’s Bakery Cafe with my bestfriend. We always pass it by whenever we walk to the station, and earlier, we finally went in on a whim to see what it has to offer. Sometimes we need to inject little twists like that into our day to break our routine and make life more interesting or exciting—the same goes with dressing up.


By this time, I already have a pretty good grasp of what my personal style is more or less. I have a system that works when dressing up and it assures me that I can put together looks that will suit me. However, there are days when I just want to break away from my comfort zone to make an outfit more interesting.


The look I am sharing with you today may not seem groundbreaking, but I absolutely love it. You already know that I love wearing black and white together. To spice up this color combination, I decided to throw on a bit of color—enter the yellow beanie. Who would have expected that I’d wear a beanie with this dress and the black heels? It combines classy and casual so effortlessly.


Having an accessory as loud as the yellow beanie on my head, I knew I needed to balance out the appearance of the color throughout the rest of my outfit. Instead of yellow shoes, I placed yellow elements somewhere in the middle, which are the bag and the yellow ring. I think yellow shoes would’ve been too far from the yellow beanie when you see the whole outfit. You get what I mean?

Simone's Closet dress | Nine West bag | Chick Flick heels | Girlshoppe ring

Breaking away from your comfort zone doesn’t always require extreme measures. Sometimes, you just need to add little accessories that put a whole different twist to your look. Try out different looks and soon you’ll get the hang of how to make outfits more interesting.

Share with me your little twists, whether for your outfit or day! :)

Happy long weekend!!!

xx
Megann

{ Follow me on Bloglovin }

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I really love your pumps! I love the idea of yellow as popping color. :)

    Visit my blog: I am Jenniya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of the beanie with the outfit, but I LOVE YOUR SHOES, WOMAN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.