I love, you love

I'm a big music person--not in the sense that I'm an expert, but in the sense that music can have a big impact in how I feel. So wh...

I'm a big music person--not in the sense that I'm an expert, but in the sense that music can have a big impact in how I feel. So whenever I feel down or if I feel like I need a little boost, I put my iTunes on shuffle and just listen. Lately, my artist of choice has been John Legend. The man can do no wrong. I've always loved listening to him since I first heard Ordinary People. But most of my favorites come from his album, "Evolver", like Everybody Knows, This Time, Take Me Away, Good Morning, and the title of this post, I Love, You Love.

Thrifted dress | Southshore Beach Shop bag | Simone's Closet bohemian stack bracelets | Parisian sandals


I think the tone and the mood of the song compliments the photos we took that day. I like that they turned out subtle and summery. The relaxing Sunday afternoon feel (without it being actually Sunday), mixed with the flowers that have fallen off the Bougainvillea plant creating a carpet of "paper flowers" is just a darling vision.


I think summer poses an interesting challenge for anyone who likes to dress up because it forces you to take away all the fancy layers and go for simpler, more relaxed pieces in order to survive throughout the day. Personally, I love dressing in layers and I wouldn't mind if I had to for most of the year; however, that is simply not the case around here. 

My best friend this summer is this extremely comfortable cotton maxi dress. I found this at a super secret thrift shop and couldn't figure out how it was supposed to look like at first because it hung so oddly on the rack. But once I put it on, I realized how gorgeous the back detail is! This surprise drapery has led me to thinking that maybe I can even wear this to a dressier event when matched with the right accessories. What do you think?


That's it for today!
Share with me your mood-lifter music and your favorite summer pieces in the comments section :)

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. so lovely! really love the dress <3 ang oh so lovely flowers. lakas maka.gv :)

    xoxo.
    http://theweirdperfectionist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is super lovely! you look pretty as well :)

    www.cinwilsoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Cindy! :) I was so glad I took the chance and purchased the dress!

      Delete
  3. Love the maxi dress! Suit your body well.

    I am Jenniya

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super curious where your super secret thrift shop is!!! Winner yung dress and love the bougainvillea! :) Feel good music - Phoenix! Although it's always nice to wake up to John Legend singing Good Morning ;)

    xx
    TheSingleishDiaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it's here around the south area ;) It's actually quite difficult to find good pieces from there (as in very rarely), but sometimes these random clothes just pop up and I'm glad I stopped by :) You have a new blog na pala. Hope you're doing fine, Reg! :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photos!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe so too! Sometimes all it takes is just one dress. Thanks ms B ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice dress, simple is the best!

    giveaway in my blog, take a look: http://asiwish-m.blogspot.pt/2013/04/3-give-away-as-i-wish.html

    M

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.