Work Wear: Power Pastels

Here's another installment for my recently introduced segment here at Style Surgery, Work Wear . This is the look I pranced around in ...

Here's another installment for my recently introduced segment here at Style Surgery, Work Wear. This is the look I pranced around in at the office some time at the end of May. I just had to push back publishing it a few times because I had to squeeze in events. As much as possible, I'd rather be behind with the everyday looks than with events, because then they wouldn't be timely or relevant anymore if I posted them, say, a month after (although sometimes it really is inevitable when I get caught up in a lot of things).

Anyway, this is just a look for those of you who are interested in dressing up in pastels or lighter colors.

Printed baby doll top; Old Navy skirt; YRYS belt

I always thought that pastels/light colors were safe because they are easy on the eyes and don't attract much attention. But apparently, dressing in lighter colors is just as hard as putting together a darker look. 

And when it's still too hot for those thick blazers, a nice cardigan is a great alternative! Try the longer ones or cropped ones like this.

Bayo cardigan

I went a bit playful with the top, but toned it down with this old lavender cardigan with these sequin-like things hanging near the buttons, and a simple gray skirt.

Robinsons Department Store necklace
Anagon Collection chain bracelet; YSL-inspired arty ring; Tomato watch
Chick Flick heels

Of course a colorful look couldn't go without this equally attractive pair of chunky heels, right? Overused? Guitly. But totally worth it!

Just had an epic Saturday! I hope you all did too. Have a great weekend! :)
♥ Megann

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Lovely colors :)
    So cute cardigan

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty and adorable! I love the cardigan and those shoes!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.