Turning forever 21

So sorry for the lack of posts. I had just gotten out of the hospital and this post has been on cue since last Sunday, so here we go! :) ...

So sorry for the lack of posts. I had just gotten out of the hospital and this post has been on cue since last Sunday, so here we go! :)


It surely has been 21 UH-MAZING years! I cannot even begin to explain how much my life has grown and how much I love where everything else is right now. When I was younger, I was always in a hurry to grow up because I thought life was more fun that way; but now that I’ve grown older, I can’t help but look back on the days. I look back not with regrets, but with joy. I’m thankful that before hitting the big 2-0 last year, I started to stop wishing to grow older and just lived. I used to want to fast forward the years because I wanted to get past the awkward, insecure stage. But as years passed, I found that there was no way to get past that but to reconcile with yourself. Not even age can cover up your worries about yourself; not unless you accept it. I guess what age and experience teach you—is not to get past things, but to overcome them.

I know I’m talking well beyond my years. There are people who are much wiser and much more experienced than I am. But it’s great to take the time to realize these things every now and then because it helps you be more positive and driven.

No one is going to get younger any time soon. It’s best to embrace and live the year that is now and hope that in the future, no matter what good or bad things happened today, you will be thankful. Just because. Personally, I’m always just thankful each time I wake up. That’s just God’s way of saying that you have another chance. Because truth be told, some people don’t have as much chances. That’s reality. So maximize each chance you get and live your dreams! It’s never too late to dig through your childhood treasure chest and find that one thing you love the most.

I hope we all find our passion and pursue it! Make each year count!

For the next posts, I will be doing a birthday series on what I did, who I was with and what I wore (of course). So I hope you all have a great day and make sure that the remaining days of 2011 will be more than awesome!

Can't wait for the weekend,
Megann ♥

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. aww twin! Didn't know you came from the hospital :( hope all is well and happy 21st! Good luck with all your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! Hope you're feeling better now :)

    Nix

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!
    Cheers to another great year ahead..

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Ava: Twin, yup. It was just a quick trip, thankfully. :) Thank you so much! Hope to see you soon. Miss you!!! :)

    @ Nix: Thank you! I am :)

    @ Melai: Thanks dear! :)

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.