Back & Tired, But Pretty Much Entertained

In my last entry I mentioned something about a leadership seminar I was to attend for 4 days. This would be the same program I attended last...

In my last entry I mentioned something about a leadership seminar I was to attend for 4 days. This would be the same program I attended last year when I was VP for Publicity, together with the then Writers’ Guild president, Raffy; although, last year was out of town and live-in (we stayed in a hotel in Bataan for the same number of days). I guess it was good that I was able to attend the one last year, so at least I already have an idea of what was to happen and all the things I should remember when managing an organization. Then again, it takes a while digesting all the information.

But anyway, I’m back and off to the fun part!

I’m hoping to find pictures from the seminar this year, because this post will be a whole lot better with them. I’ll probably post them next time when I’m already tagged in Facebook or something.

For the first three days, it was the usual basic info, leadership skills, group activities (although the activities were quite different from last year). We also had the activity processing simulation, and our group won! Yay, Blue Org (B.O. – LOL)!

The fourth day was actually the most tiring but fun part. We went to Earth Haven, underwent a series of tasks, and ate healthy food – because they’re promoting healthy living. We were divided into groups and had to compete against each other. At that point, “Blue Org” was no longer the name… it was now BLUETANG! Well, our group color was blue and we just randomly thought of using the word “tanglad,” which was part of what we drank earlier that day. Hahaha totally random! There was the group cheer, group logo, rope walking, filling the pail (which we misheard as “FEEL THE PAIN” – WHAT!?), mud crawl (OMG! SRSLY!), black hole (going through hula hoops), and that wood walk thing which I forgot the name of. It was really exhausting, but would be one of the most memorable things I’ve done!

On our way back, most of the people in the bus were asleep. I was so asleep I kept on bumping my head against Keren’s (the organization VP Internals) shoulders! Once back in Taft, some of the officers from different organizations had dinner at McDo. After which, I walked back to the dorm.

Really tired until now. Work resumes tomorrow/later!

Formspring: http://formspring.me/megannmonday
Twitter: http://twitter.com/megannmonday

While I’m here, let me just share this video which features three of my squad-mates (from cheering days). Totally funny! Love it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

free counters
Powered by Blogger.