Bright and Casual

It was a sunny Saturday noon when I dressed up for the Manila Sundance Bazaar. However, as I was on my way, the rain began to heavily fal...


It was a sunny Saturday noon when I dressed up for the Manila Sundance Bazaar. However, as I was on my way, the rain began to heavily fall and in just a blink of an eye, my outfit was suddenly inappropriate for the weather, with the cropped tube top and bright colors. Luckily, I found one of my blazers that I left in the car—and that was the covered up version of my outfit you saw in my previous post about Manila Sundance Bazaar.


It’s bazaar season, definitely! With the holidays coming up, there are bound to be more bazaars for holiday shoppers to enjoy. If you are planning to attend one soon, here are some tips on how to dress up for a bazaar:


Wear Comfy Footwear 
No matter how “fashyown” or fashionable to bazaar may seem, it simply isn’t easy to walk around a cramped area with a ton of people when you are in your 5-inch heels. I opt for flats or sneakers because it’s comfortable and it will protect my feet even if someone accidentally steps on them—remember, you’ll never know how many people could be there. Shop til you drop, right? You wouldn’t want the reason for you dropping to be because you tripped in your heels—such would be the story for a klutz like me :p

Cobweb necklace from Simone's Closet | Watch from Tomato

Use a Sling Bag 
Using a sling bag or any bag you can hang on your body will allow you to have both your hands free to go through piles of clothes and easily pick up the things you need. Trust me, I’ve taken a handbag or clutch to a shopping trip with me, and it wasn’t fun at all. I ended up throwing in my bag in one of the tote bags I got from a concessionaire. The bag I used here has a detachable strap, by the way, so I used it while at the bazaar ;)

Bag from Pink Fashion | Skirt from Social Collective

Wear Comfortable Clothes 
My outfit may look a little bit complicated, but that’s just because I used bright colors. Trust me when I say that this has to be one of the comfiest outfits I’ve ever worn. When shopping at a bazaar, you need to wear something that is comfortable and allows you to move. You will be reaching, extending your hand, and squeezing through crowds so you don’t want to get jumbled up in your own outfit.

Photos by Bea Flores

All in all, you simply want to make your shopping experience at a bazaar as chill as possible. Some bazaars can get stressful when there are so many people but not enough space to walk around in, so at least prepare yourself for it (I certainly didn't have a problem like this during the Manila Sundance Bazaar, though! :D). However, I still highly recommend Christmas shopping at bazaars because they give you a wide selection easily available in one location. Just stay focused on what you need to buy because if you’re like me, all the other cool stuff there could easily distract you ;) Good luck!

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Amazing how you play with color! That statement necklace is really cool and a great match with your cute clutch =) I agree with wearing the simplest possible when shopping in bazaars, and knowing just how I love to dig to find what I want, totally a must hahah!


    - Che


    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Che!! :) I'm absolutely guilty of getting distracted by all the pretty things when I'm at a bazaar. I have to keep reminding myself to "stick to the list!!!" Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the splash of colors! You definitely nailed it! :)


    xx.jaq
    www.jaquiperez.com

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.