Work Wear: Faint hearts never won fair lady

I have always had a special place in my heart for chic work looks. I looove  seeing women rock work wear looks as if they are ready to take ...

I have always had a special place in my heart for chic work looks. I looove seeing women rock work wear looks as if they are ready to take on a full day in style. Pencil skirts, pant suits, blazers... Especially those who work in a corporate setting, where they have to adhere to certain dress codes or rules--I admire their penchant for remaining fashionable despite barriers. That's something I'm still working on. Being in my early 20s and just about a year into the "real world", I'm learning to find a balance between looking professional and looking my age.

Vintage dress | Reborn cardigan | SM Accessories belt | Chick Flick heels

My mom is and forever will be my first style icon. From her, I have learned the importance of knowing when to invest more money on a quality piece and when to go for the more affordable alternative; apart from this, there's also the lesson on working with what you have and just being practical. She has a lot of custom-made clothes that have lasted throughout the years and up until now are still as gorgeous as they were when they were first made. One of which being this chic dress. Although my mom and I don't have the same measurements, I've found a way to work around it and I love that she let me have this. The color is perfect and the peek-a-boo detail and subtle slit at the back are just lovely additions.


As I was talking about finding a balance between looking professional and looking my age, I thought I'd use my new heels from Chick Flick to just even out the "age" of the look. With the vintage dress, the trendy heels looks great! Plus, I love the moss green-brown/tan combo. For some reason, I am reminded of Robin Hood. The colors, perhaps! (The post title is also from Robin Hood) 

Share your work or school looks with me! I'd love to see! :)

I'll be off to an out of town trip to celebrate a friends' birthday and graduation. Hope you all have a lovely long weekend!
♥ Megann

PICKING THE WINNER FOR THE GIVEAWAY ON SATURDAY. JOIN NOW!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Your heels are so lovely! I just love its gold chain straps! I'll definitely check the collection of CHICK FLICK shop.
    Thanks for the idea :)

    -xoxo, FRANCES



    Have you joined my birthday giveaway yet? Click this link to get a colorful, floral bustier dress! Goodluck! :)


    http://hayleytanya.blogspot.com/2012/09/floral-bustier-dress-birthday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty. Lovely cardigan and those shoes are so cute! Especially with the gold chain detail xx

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.