Turning A Dress Into A Long Skirt

By now, some of you may be familiar with my knack for redefining the purpose of a piece. You’ve seen me use a top as a skirt, a dress as...


By now, some of you may be familiar with my knack for redefining the purpose of a piece. You’ve seen me use a top as a skirt, a dress as a top, a bracelet as a necklace, among other things, countless times before. What can I say? I like making the most out of the fashion pieces I buy. After all, if it works—it works.

Skirt (dress) from Forever 21 | YSL-inspired Arty Ring | Heels from Chick Flick | Watch from Tomato

I can’t really say they’re DIY projects because I’m simply wearing them in a different way. But one of the benefits of reworking pieces is that it doesn’t take distressing or altering anything about the piece. As such, you aren’t really “losing” anything, especially if you are doubtful about the outcome. In this way, at least, you can go back into using it as a dress, a skirt, or whatever, if it doesn’t work out. Nothing goes to waste.


Redefining a piece is one of the ways I survive dressing up on a daily basis without people figuring out how much I’ve used something (read: 10,000x – I don’t shop a lot nor do I get new clothes often). So, when I found myself attracted to the striped skirts I have been seeing around ever so often, I knew I had to do something about it. With hips as big as mine, though, I had to rethink the horizontal stripes so I was not 100% in on the purchase. I got down to business and pulled out my black and white striped Forever 21 dress and started redefining. The end result? A knee-length skirt fit for a smart casual day at the office!


When work doesn’t require you to wear a uniform and you love dressing up, what to wear for the day is a recurring morning dilemma. So, when you feel like you’re running out of clothes to wear (does the phrase, “I have nothing to wear!” sound familiar?), take a step back and see which pieces you can redefine or rework to look like something else!


Have you ever done this before? Share with me photos or links to your blog post! I’d love to see what your crafty hands and creative minds came up with! :)

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

2 comments

free counters
Powered by Blogger.