Santa's Helper

I think signing up for Instagram only gave me more ways to spend my money. I mean, have you seen the amount of online shops on there? I ...


I think signing up for Instagram only gave me more ways to spend my money. I mean, have you seen the amount of online shops on there? I have been so good at passing up on shopping trips, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to resist once I saw how low the prices were at Alla Moda Thrift Shop.

Top from Alla Moda Thrift Shop | Belt from Keysas

As such, I grabbed the chance at owning a green peplum top (which was supposed to be a dress, but came out too short for me). I’ve always wanted something in green because I see gold with green as a regal combination. It’s beautiful and refreshing. However, I did make sure to make the look appear more youthful by pairing it with a while circle skirt underneath and skimping on the heels.


Contrary to their name, Alla Moda Thrift Shop doesn’t actually sell secondhand clothing. They take inspiration from trends and customize clothing for clients. While they have a standard sizing, you can ask them to customize your order if, say, you have a wider hip or a longer torso, or if you’d like the length of your dress to be longer for no reason.

Skirt from Pink Fashion | Flats from Parisian | Watch from Tomato

Aside from this, you can also choose a color from their swatches. You’ll actually be able to get a good look at how the color will end up looking like more or less, especially if you have Viber installed (hello GoUNLI30! Lol) since the owner sends the image containing the swatches.

As far as I’ve been able to browse, clothes can range from the very affordable P199 to a still reasonable P389—this, plus shipping, of course. After ordering, you’ll have to wait around a week for the production of your order before they ship it out. They are based in Cebu, so expect around 2 days at least, after the 1 week production, for your orders to arrive if you live in Manila.


By the way, I look more morena in these photos than the usual olive skin I have. I love it!

Going back to the outfit, don’t you think that I ended up looking like one of Santa’s helpers because of this combination? Haha! I can’t say I’ve been all that good this year, but this is a really fun way to dress up and express how excited I am for Christmas this year. Too soon? Okay. Lol!

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Katarina| DARE 2 WEARSeptember 30, 2013 at 4:29 PM

    Amazing dress and flats :)

    DARE 2 WEAR

    ReplyDelete
  2. cutey dress! akin na lang! haha :) pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks girl! Tara closet trade tayo hahaha :P Thanks for dropping by ah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you Katarina :)

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.