Suit Up!

Over the summer, I dedicated some time to watching a TV series called Suits . I'm sure most, if not all, of you are familiar with it ...


Over the summer, I dedicated some time to watching a TV series called Suits. I'm sure most, if not all, of you are familiar with it already. Even better if you've actually seen it! I was (and still am) so obsessed with it that I would just lay in bed all day and watch 10 or more episodes, one after the other. And when I was down to the last episode from the latest season (season 2), I was kind of wishing the episode didn't end until season 3 was already released. Of course, that's not possible.

Vintage top | Bread n Butter skirt | Chick Flick heels

Aside from the gripping storyline, Suits showed its viewers that corporate dressing isn't so bad! Come on. Harvey Specter and his value for a good 3-piece suit? Makes me just want to propose to him! Seriously, though, I was very much into what the women wore on that show. My favorite character has to be Donna Paulsen, but in terms of style, I relate more with Rachel Zane.


At this point, you are probably guessing that this look was inspired by the show - and you're correct! Only it's on a less strong color scheme. None of the serious navy blues, dark greens, or grays. Still, whipping this look up totally reminded me of Rachel Zane and her preference for perfectly fitted pencil skirts. What do you think?


What shows are you currently following? :)

xx,
Megann

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Oh thank you, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love your look

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you, Melai. I actually enjoy looking at all the outfits of the ladies on that show. They're all well-dressed for work without breaking any office attire rules. Interesting, too, that one can differentiate who is in control of the ship. Definitely loving Jessica's power suits as well ;) I especially love it when she wears dresses.


    I haven't seen Mad Men, but I do hear a lot of good reviews on it. Maybe I'll have a look one of these days :) But I'm with you on Awkward!


    Great to hear from you! Hope to see you around soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should definitely check it out! Season 3 is coming out in August I think, if I'm not mistaken. I gave PLL a shot but wasn't as hooked as I hoped to be after a few episodes. Nice plot though! :)


    And don't worry. At least the chances of people misspelling your name is less likely than when they try to spell mine. Haha of course no one would think there's an extra n there. Thanks for dropping by and I wish you the best with your blog!! Hope to see you around here again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually never seen Suits before. I think I've seen commercials on it before but now you've got me interested. Haha I love your skirt it's so adorable. Currently I'm watching Pretty Little Liars, I'm so excited because the fourth season started last week!

    I also love the spelling of your name. Mine is so simple and unoriginal.

    -Megan

    http://mymyitsmegan.blogspot.com/

    (I'm a totally new blogger so if you have any suggestions please let me know! Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Megann, I love how this simple but streamlined outfit looks really nice on you. :) It's actually a good thing that you referenced Suits as a great example of fashion inspiration when it comes to corporate / office dressing because I highly recommend it too for pegs. (I'm such a fan of the show as well!)


    More women would be able to relate with Rachel in terms of style but I'm digging Jessica's looks as well. Really shows who's the boss around there! Haha.


    I'm currently addicted to Game of Thrones and Mad Men (60s period setting waaaah love) as well. Guilty pleasures are Awkward and Carrie Diaries hehe :)


    See you around!


    hearts,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Check it out and let me know what you think! :) Found it a bit difficult to follow at first but love the plot.

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.