Tea Party Cape

Forget your grandma's shawls!  Capes are the way to go if you want to look stylish and proper for an evening event without worrying...


Forget your grandma's shawls! Capes are the way to go if you want to look stylish and proper for an evening event without worrying about feeling cold (I doubt we're all cold right now, though) or overexposed. It can also get you looking from casual to classy during the daytime, so it's quite the versatile piece!

The cape trend initially came out in a battalion of wool, cashmere, and suede pieces appropriate for the Fall/Winter seasons, but don't dismiss the idea of flying around town in this unique piece just yet. Capes also come in flowy fabrics, such as the one I'm wearing, and can add just the right amount of drama to create your perfect spring fashion fling.


Remember my Top 5 Frontyard Picks? I couldn't resist adding the Empress Eugenie Cape on there because of its dainty and classic looking print. Topped off with a lace collar and a vintage looking button closure, and I was definitely screaming "tea party!" inside my head.


Notice the print? I love that it wasn't just purely something floral. It also had images of victorian women and some calligraphy writing. I found it so strange yet endearing. This cape also comes in a different print which I'll be showing to you on a separate post.

I don't normally dress so girly (pinks and all), but wearing this particular cape got me convinced. The next thing I knew, I was pulling out a peach-almost-kind-of-pink lace dress and putting together a look I would wear if I were to attend an actual tea party. Fun fact: I love drinking tea! 

Frontyard cape | Syrup (People Are People) heels | SM Accessories belt


Stay tuned because Frontyard and I will be giving away a similar cape some time this week!
Share with me how you'll style this cape? :)


----------
Currently doing a "Styling Gold Heels" series. Check out my other looks here.

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. the whole outfit is BEAUTIFUL! so gorgeous! i love the cape especially and the dress is such so cute and flirty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! I'm glad I pulled off the cape as it's my first time to style it! :)

      Delete
  2. i wanna give you my heart again on lookbook hehe :) sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning feminine look!! that cape is just amazing <3

    XO Sahra
    EffortlessCool

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh you are so freaking cute!! I want this whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally the perfect tea party look , so cute.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Meg! If only I had an actual tea party to attend :p LOL

      Delete
  6. Love your look xx

    http://kelseyvaldez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.