Lilac Wine

One time I was browsing through Youtube, I stumbled upon what has now become a regular on my playlist. The wildly popular Hannah Mo...


One time I was browsing through Youtube, I stumbled upon what has now become a regular on my playlist. The wildly popular Hannah Montana singer/actress began to sing in a deep and raspy yet somewhat soothing voice. I never took a liking to Miley Cyrus' more popular, teeny bopper music. It was enjoyable to listen to every now and then, but not something I would have on repeat. But when I stumbled upon Miley Cyrus' "Backyard Sessions" videos on Youtube last year, I was blown away. The girl should sing more of that music style! And if you haven't heard it yet, you might want to start with my personal favorite and the title of this post, Lilac Wine + more Backyard Sessions here.


Meanwhile, I cannot get over this vintage top! The kimono-esque neckline matched with a victorian lace and bow detailing is divine. Plus, the fact that this rather boxy top came in a feminine lilac color is such a win in my book. I don't have anything else in this shade because the color really chooses its style and fabric, if you get what I mean.

I snagged this from mother's closet a year or two ago when we were going through some of her old things. This actually came with matching trousers, but it was agreed that it is better off without them.


I always mention how I love going through my mom's clothes because she has a variety of well-made pieces. When she was about my age, she actually preferred having things tailored for her because it allowed the garments to hug her the right way--even more awesome is the fact that these clothes have remained in tip-top shape throughout the years! I should take cue from her when it comes to taking care of my things. What a style inspiration through and through.

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. camicia carinissima (; Reb, xoxo.

    *Nuovo outfit sul mio blog, fammi sapere cosa ne pensi:
    http://www.toprebel.com/2013/04/stop-sweatshirt.html

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.