denim gets better with age

Levi's  top | dad's  belt | NEXT Jeans  pants | Syrup heels For the most part, I find that denim jeans are like wine - they g...

Levi's top | dad's belt | NEXT Jeans pants | Syrup heels

For the most part, I find that denim jeans are like wine - they get better with age. Aren't the distressed/worn out look so "in" nowadays that a lot of brands actually sell jeans with the said look? Personally, I love it for the instant character it brings to the whole outfit. Some of them are really ripped, some are more just worn out-looking. Either way, denim jeans are definitely a closet staple.


I knew I'd be running around Greenbelt for a few errands and two blog-related meetings so I had to make sure that I remained comfortable yet presentable all throughout. My go-to outfit for a day like this? A white button-down top paired with jeans and some mid-heels, to create a casual cool look. Good thing that the meetings were laid-back, so I didn't have to worry about dressing up in stiff clothing.

These NEXT Jeans skinny jeans have actually been with me since high school, and back then, I wasn't too fond of its fit. Also, back then, I wasn't that good with styling myself. But I'm so glad that I held on to this pair for so long and continued to use it as much as I did because now it has stretched out to a perfect fit! It's a little bit loose, to an almost boyfriend jeans effect but not quite. So, when it comes to denim jeans, I say hold on to them as much as you can! Try to wear them out, and if you still aren't happy with the results, there are a ton of DIY projects you can do with it. Denim is very versatile, so you're not putting your money to waste at all!


Also, prior to this day, I visited my dermatologist and have been told that my skin (particularly my face) has improved a lot since the first time I started going for treatments. You don't know how big of a deal this is to me! I had the worst skin when I was younger, while my brothers barely had any problems. Yes, it had to affect me - the only daughter. Right now, the only thing I want to resolve is the acne scarring. If I won't be going for treatments, do you have actual products you can suggest? :)

I'm gonna be at Rockwell tomorrow for the Make Your Own Havaianas party.
See you around? :)

xx
Megann

----------

Currently doing a "Styling Gold Heels" series. Check out my other looks here.
Also running a giveaway with Frontyard here.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Love this look - classic and effortless!!

    Stella + Charlie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sammy! I was definitely all for effortlessness on the outfit on this day :)

      Delete
  2. Looking gorgeous , you right denim is like wine.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this look! :)



    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww you have such a great smile! love those jeans too <3


    xo
    steph
    http://stayuglyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely crop top and nice look, you are so pretty :))
    I'm following you now, hope you will follow back! Kisses:*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing stuff denim jeans.O love this brand.Thanks for sharing amazing post.:)

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.