Cropped Top Without Cutting

The weather has driven me to a constant rotation of shorts and dresses or skirts--maxi, if you want to be more covered up. I don't ...


The weather has driven me to a constant rotation of shorts and dresses or skirts--maxi, if you want to be more covered up. I don't think I can last a day wearing tight-fit pants in this heat. Just the thought of it already makes my legs sweat. Not a very ideal piece, but sometimes necessary. However, since I have been resorting to more casual looks as the season changes, I try to find ways to spice it up by throwing in a cropped top instead of a regular muscle tee. Also, throwing on any form of cover-up (blazers, button-downs, lightweight cardigans, etc) whenever needed.


Speaking of cropped tops, they are one of spring/summer 2013's hottest trend. And as a way to share with you how you can take the trend from the runway to reality, here's a little tip for those of you who aren't sure if purchasing your first cropped top is worth it.

You may want to "test drive" the trend a little bit first. No scissors needed here either! Unless you're a master at cutting up old shirts and making them 10x more fab, then I suggest you try the folding trick for the mean time.


Step 1: Begin sporting your makeshift cropped top by using a slightly fitted top of your choice.
Step 2: Fold the lower half inwards, up until you reach your desired length for the top. Voila! In this way, you will also be comfortable with the length the top is at.
Step 3: (OPTIONAL) If your fold has the tendency to become undone, grab your needle and thread (in the same color as your top) and do a temporary stitch inside, at the side seams of the top.

I have done the same trick a few times before, such when I attended one of the Philippine Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2013 shows back in October.

Tomato watch | Centropelle heels (purchased through Zalora)


Let me know if you have done this trick and don't forget to share with me your photos on Twitter and/or Facebook. 'Til my next post!


xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Beautiful outfit! I love every element of it, from the crop top, to the shorts, to the beige blazer :) Very jealous that you're having warm weather, sprint hasn't even properly arrived here yet, never mind summer!

    Helen at http://uhhelsyeah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Helen! Yes, the weather is fantastic... if only I could head out to the beach more often it woud be perfect!! :)

      Delete
  2. Great styling! I love these shorts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia! :) They're a pretty neat thrift find, perfect for the summers.

      Delete
  3. This look is absolutely stunning! You are rockin' it girl! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being so sweet all the time, TJ! You rock more! :)

      Delete
  4. i love this outfit. it's very spring-ish. so wishing the weather here gets better, not the heat you're experiencing but at least with sun cos i so wanna wear this kind of outfits already. anyway, you look really great!i love the oversize blazer too, it tones down the whole outfit.

    xo, Carla
    misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Ben & Ting! You have a crazy awesome blog :) Just checked it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! I loveeeee your heels and the way you 'cropped' your top. I love the crop top trend but am still a little reluctant to try it for myself.

    http://parodiesoffashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.