Bikini-Ready With Barenaked

As an only daughter, my mom and I naturally bond over all things girly. Of course, as I grew, we also started sharing tips and tricks with ...

As an only daughter, my mom and I naturally bond over all things girly. Of course, as I grew, we also started sharing tips and tricks with each other about beauty and personal care. Whenever I would discover a new place to have our hair done, read about a new trick to have healthier nails, or any skin care product that I've found to work well for me, she would be the first to know. So, when Angel invited us to try out a new hair removal treatment over at Barenaked Katipunan, I was excited since I regularly go on waxing sessions to get rid of unwanted hair and it could be another thing I can share with my mom if it all turns out well.


I wasn't really sure what to expect because Barenaked is a body sugaring salon, which uses a different mixture as opposed to the cold wax that I'm used to. However, the fact that they did say that they use natural ingredients for their sugar paste sounded very appealing to me. Read about it here.

They even let us taste the sugar mixture they use. Yup, it's edible!

I tried out Barenaked's eyebrow shaping (P180) and Brazilian sugaring (P550). After all, it is beach season and I would want to be comfortable walking around in my swimwear. Overall, the experience is definitely much less painful than waxing. The mixture they applied to remove the hair wasn't cold nor was it hot. The owners said that the mixture is made to adapt to your body's temperature to avoid burns or any added shock to the skin.

They also suggest exfoliating at least 3 days before your session and in between visits.

For someone who has had an allergic reaction to hot wax and have been an avid cold wax client since, I may just be convinced to switch to body sugaring altogether, if only they have a branch here in the south. I think they're trying to work something out.

Thanks to Angel for inviting us, and thank you, Barenaked Katipunan, for having us! :)

But for my friends who live near the area, Barenaked Body Sugaring Salon is located at Unit 106, Xanland Place, 323 Katipunan Ave., Loyola Heights, QC. They also accept HOME SERVICE in villages near the Katipunan area. Just tweet them or check out their Facebook page.

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

1 comments

free counters
Powered by Blogger.