As we roll down this unfamiliar road

Sometimes, you can't avoid days where you have to abide by a dress code. For me, that day came last week. I was asked to dress in pan...


Sometimes, you can't avoid days where you have to abide by a dress code. For me, that day came last week. I was asked to dress in pants for a meeting. It wasn't a big deal for me, though, since dressing up by the rules isn't new for me. I don't always get to wear whatever I want, whenever I want. Back at the University, we had a dress code that included how long your skirt/dress/shorts should be and what you should wear under sheer blouses (because sheer became a trend--and still is, until now).

Levi's top; Forever 21 dress (used as top); Cinderella pants

It's not that hard to follow dress codes. You just have to be understanding of the place/event you are attending and the situation you are going to be in, because at the end of the day, you are representing yourself. And you want to represent yourself well.


On a different note, I have been obsessing over Phillip Phillips' new song, Home. The title of this post is actually a line for a song. I love it because it sounds so hopeful--the music and the lyrics. I think it's very appropriate for what I'm going through right now, trying to chase my dreams. It's scary to be on an unfamiliar road, but if you want it, you'll find your way around.

Cheers to dreams and going after them! :)

xx
Megann

You Might Also Like

9 comments

free counters
Powered by Blogger.