a white christmas

Peplum is easily one of this year's biggest trends in fashion. I have had my fair share of "Oh, that looks really pretty!" at ...

Peplum is easily one of this year's biggest trends in fashion. I have had my fair share of "Oh, that looks really pretty!" at times when I saw a well-tailored one. That was also exactly the reason why I waited so long to try out the trend. I've seen really flouncy ones that have worked well only for certain occasions and some that are just 'forcing it', for lack of a better term. Generally, to be honest, I wouldn't say I'm a big fan. But when I found a peplum dress that I thought fit me well and was sewn near to perfection for my body's built, I thought it was about time I tried it out.


I have to say, it wasn't that bad. I guess what I liked about this one is that the overskirt thing was only done for the front half of the dress and not a full circle, which was sewn right at the side of the hip area and gave me a good figure.

Fusion Alley dress | SM Accessories belt & earrings | Syrup (People Are People) heels | Face Shop & L.A. Colors nail polish

That, of course, is just my two cents on this trend. It works well when the tailoring was thought about and not just merely sewing on an overskirt. What do you think? Have you tried out this trend? Or what about a trend you weren't sure about trying out (e.g. color blocking, print-on-print, texture play, etc)?


If you would like to know, I got this dress from Fusion Alley--a boutique in Alabang Town Center, located at the fashion area between Food Choices and Topman. They can customize your dress (change the color, make it sleeveless, make it more fitted, etc) based off of their existing designs.

♥ Megann

----------
Birthday giveaway series ongoing. A new giveaway every week for the month of December!

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. White and gold very classy combination with a touch of green for the belt! :)

    I love peplum because it hides my flabs.haha
    and I agree with you. Sana pag-isipan naman ang peplum design..not just sewing an overskirt lang.hehe

    -xoxo, FRANCES

    http://hayleytanya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too! Having the dress being completely white was kind of dull, so had to add something on there :) I suppose the trend is very selective when it comes to who can wear it, depending on how it is made. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Frances! :)

      Delete
  2. love the with and gold combination!!! you look so pretty Megann!

    Love, Maria
    www.imavintagebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Maria! And you, as ever, are pretty as well!

      Delete
  3. love your take on the trend! gondo din ng gold shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Liezyl! The shoes were only for P500 at People Are People. Crazy!

      Delete
  4. You do indeed look great in it! My hips are to wide for this trend but I love it on others! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have relatively wide hips too. But I think you just have to find the right one for your body type :) Like what I said, I liked that this one was only half of an overskirt, so it still gave me an hourglass figure. Maybe something like this could work out for you too! Thanks for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  5. great dress! love it :)





    chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Panalo talaga ang white and gold! :) Ako naman hindi ko pa nattry peplum ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totoo yan! Kahit saan, winner. Sobrang classy kasi tingnan! :) Magsukat ka na rin ng peplum, keri mo yan!

      Delete
  7. Oh wow those earrings are so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty, love your dress!!!

    http://everythingsalwayssunny.com

    Kristin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi love!! you look stunning in this outfit! and the shoes look amazing :) imy! i wish to see more of you this 2013!!

    Rovie
    The Bargain Doll
    :)

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.