Work Wear: The striped dress dilemma

A little delayed on my posting schedule again. I don't know what happened. I usually post every other day... where did the days go? LET&...

A little delayed on my posting schedule again. I don't know what happened. I usually post every other day... where did the days go? LET'S GET STARTED. Brace yourself! I get talkative in this one ;)

Here's the thing... I don't know if you guys are like me, but I love looking at what other people are wearing. I like seeing what works for other people. And, well, when you're sipping your favorite drink at Starbucks early in the morning, you can't help but just watch the people who pass by--or is that just me? I'm not being a creepy stalker here or anything! Haha! Sometimes, I wonder if what looks good on other people will look good on me as well.


Case in point: this dress with a black and white horizontal line pattern. I've seen a few girls wearing a similar dress, and it looked really nice on them. Because it was black and white, it had this formality--for lack of a better term--to it. It looked very effortlessly chic, and I saw so many possibilities of wearing the dress. So, in my head, it would be a good purchase. But when it stood front of me, hanging from the rack of clothes, I started thinking about whether I should get it or not.


Problem? While I don't mind wearing striped tops (I used to own quite a number when I was younger, because my mom just loved them on me haha), I wasn't too sure about striped bottoms. I'm bottom-heavy (I've said this so many times, I believe) and I am aware that horizontal stripes create this illusion that you are wider. I wasn't too keen on the idea of having my hips look wider than they already are. I almost didn't get this dress, but I'm glad I did. I think it looks fine! And because it's a bit fitted, it hugs the body the right way, still creating curves for you. Also, I love that the fabric is actually thick and I could use this this season since it's supposed to get colder.

Forever 21 dress | Chick Flick bag | Centropelle shoes (buy at Zalora) | Island Girl necklace

Sorry for that lengthy post! I hope it wasn't too hard to read! So... have you ever gotten anything because they looked good on other people? :) Leave a comment and share it with me!


♥ Megann

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Hmmm... I think this dress looks AMAZING on you from looking at these pictures, this might sounds weird and stalk-y, but you really have the body for a bodycon dress! I couldn't never pull this off with my curve-less figure :) I also think it really shows off your lenghthy legs (or at least it makes them look long, haha). And to top it all off, I just like it like you wear it here, on it's own with a few accessoiries :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your comment, Nikki! Thank you for the kind words :) I suppose the way the dress cuts me off just gives off the illusion that I have long legs (YAY) :)

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful pictures. And love how the dress suits you :)
    Andrea in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how the dress fits you and how the color red pops on this look. nice shoes too! :)

    Love, Maria
    www.imavintagebee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks! It was a nice way to add some character into what would have been a plain black and white ensemble :)

      Delete
  4. You look awesome, love love the dress! Hey maybe we can fallow each other, jut let me know xx

    www.lam-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the bag and the shoes! :)


    http://theweirdperfectionist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry. I also feel the same thing. I don't know. Maybe fashion blogs have really influenced my way of thinking.haha. But once in a while, I tend to notice people walking past me at shopping malls and imagine myself wearing the same clothes.haha

    By the way, you look hot in this picture. Please keep posting. :)

    -xoxo, FRANCES


    Have you joined my birthday giveaway yet?
    7 DAYS LEFT TO JOIN!
    Click this link to get a colorful, floral bustier dress! Goodluck! :)

    http://hayleytanya.blogspot.com/2012/09/floral-bustier-dress-birthday-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dress and heels, Megann! :) Beautiful!! <3

    Gem
    gemnikkaonthego.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

free counters
Powered by Blogger.